Blueberry Polenta Scones make a easy and impressive breakfast. This recipe is adapted from the Bad Manners Food version. These scones are a sweet and quick treat. Great for breakfast or dessert!
Blueberry Polenta Scone Recipe | vegan, gluten free, easy
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Measuring Cup
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour I like Bob's Redmill
- 1 cup cornmeal finely ground
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- pinch salt
- 1 cup plant based milk oat, almond, hemp, etc
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ts vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Combine GF flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Combine plant based milk, oil, and vanilla extract in small bowl or measuring cup and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold together until a shaggy dough is formed.
- Fold in blueberries to the shaggy dough.
- Place dough on dry floured work surface or parchment paper.
- Form into 1 inch tall rectangle.
- Cut length wise then into triangles to form scones.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the scones.
- Place on baking sheet line with silicone baking mat and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Will only store for maybe a day or two. Best to eat them day of baking.