This is my adapted recipe for the greatest black bean burger EVER. The original can be found here, but my tweaks make it vegan & gluten free.
Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe | gluten free + easy
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Food processor or blender
- 2 14oz cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese I like violife brand
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal for flax eggs
- 6 tbsp water for flax eggs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo or ketchup
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp chili powder, ground
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Spread black beans on baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes to partially dry out the beans.
- Saute peppers, onions in oil on medium until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and and saute for an additional 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Remove veggies from pan and blot with towel to remove oil.
Make Black Bean Burgers
- Add all ingredients, except the beans, into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse together all ingredients.
- Add black beans to the food processor and pulse until just barely combined.
Cook the Burgers
- Form the black bean burger base into 6-8 patties.
- Place on baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Crank up oven to 375°F and bake for 10 minutes per side.
- Optional saute them in a pan or grill on very high heat for 1 minute per side to get a nice char.
- Enjoy immediately. 🙂