Vegan Animal Style Fries Recipe(In-N-Out copycat)
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 large yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1000 Island Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 4 tbsp sweet green relish
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 green onion chopped* optional
- 1/2 cup plant based milk, unsweetened almond or soy preferred
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese (about 8 slices) Daiya Brand preferred
- Preheat oven to 475°F
- Cut russet potatoes into thin shoestring pieces using knife or mandolin.
- Submerge in cold water to remove excess starch for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove from water and pat dry.
- Add potatoes, oil and seasonings in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread out on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Remove from oven and salt to taste immediately!
- Place roughly chopped onions in small pot with olive oil on low heat.
- Saute on low for 15-30 minutes until caramelized.
Prepare 1000 Island Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl or measuring cup.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Prepare Cheese Sauce
- Add all cheese sauce ingredients to pot on low and simmer until melted.
Put it all together.
- Pile fries onto plate or bowl
- Cover with caramelized onions, then cheese sauce, then 1000 Island, and once again with more caramelized onions.
- Enjoy immediately.