This vegan brownie recipe is fudgy, delicious, and easy. It’s adapted from the Nora Cooks blog you should check her out here.
Vegan Brownie Recipe | gluten free + easy
- 7x11 Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 4 tbsp flax seed meal, ground for flax eggs
- 1/2 cup water for flax eggs
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour I like bob's red mill 1 to 1 baking mix
- 1 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips dark or semi sweet
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line 7x11 baking pan with parchment paper
- Mix flaxseed meal and water in small bowl to make "flax eggs"
Make Brownie Batter
- Melt vegan butter in microwave in 30 second bursts.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, sugars, flax eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk well.
- In the same bowl fold together gluten free all purpose flour, raw cacao, baking powder, and salt. Don't over mix.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into prepared 7x11 pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Brownies might not look done but will firm up as they rest.
- Remove from oven. Rest the brownies in the pan for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 7 days.