This vegan grilled cheese recipe is SO good I had my omnivore family begging me to make them some. I hope you enjoy this quick, delicious, easy grilled cheese!
Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich | gluten free, easy
- 4 slices bread or gluten free bread
- 1 tbsp vegan butter earth balance works well here
- 4 slices vegan cheddar cheese Daiya brand works well
Easy Creamed Spinach (optional)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese plain or garlic flavor
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp olive oil for cooking
Make Creamed Spinach
- Saute minced garlic in pan with oil on medium low for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add spinach to hot garlic infused oil and allow it to wilt. (it'll look like too much spinach but it'll shrink down considerably)
- Shut off the heat and add vegan cream cheese to pan and mix together well.
- Set creamed spinach aside and prepare grilled cheese.
Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Heat pan or skillet to medium low.
- Butter one side of your bread and place butter side down on to hot skillet.
- Place 2 slices of vegan cheddar cheese on your bread.
- Top cheese with creamed spinach.
- Place final piece of buttered bread on top of your sandwich.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with our Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup.