This is my adapted recipe for Thumbprint Cookies that are both vegan AND gluten free. They are delicious, easy, and a great holiday treat. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family did.
Thumbprint Cookies (gluten free, vegan, holiday)
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber Spatula
- Silicone Baking Mat
- 1/2 cup vegan butter myokos brand preferred
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal for flax egg
- 3 tbsp water for flax egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour bob's red mill preferred
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp plant based milk I prefer oat milk
- strawberry, apricot, or raspberry jam for filling
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Combine flaxseed meal and water to make flax egg
- Sift together gluten free flour and cornstarch
- Cream together sugar and vegan butter
- Add flax eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add plant based milk
Put It All Together
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls
- Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet
- Press your thumb into each cookie to make a small crater for your jams.
- Using a small spoon, fill cookies with jams of your choosing.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes
- Transfer to wire rack and enjoy!