The Ultimate Vegan Chili
This is my famous vegan chili I've been making since my omnivore days. Don't worry though it's completely meat free, filling, easy and INSANELY good.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms finely diced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (crushed tomatoes work as well)
- 1 lb impossible meat OR beyond meat "ground"
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 3 cans beans 2 black, 1 red
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika (smoked if possible)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- vegan Cheese
- cashew sour cream
- Place large pot on stove top
- Set heat to medium low
- Add olive to pot
- Add diced onions and mushrooms
- Cook until onions become translucent (about 10 minutes)
- While onions and mushrooms are simmering mix together spice blend
- Add minced garlic for 1-2 minutes to the pot
- Add ground impossible "beef" to the pot and break apart with spatula
- Add half of spice blend to the impossible "beef"
- Keep breaking apart and stirring mixture until "beef" is mostly cooked through
- Add veggie broth, beans, diced tomatoes, and rest of spice blend to the pot
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes, but if you wanna cook it all day it'll just make it better
- Serve with cashew sour cream, cilantro, vegan cheese, and/or avocado slices!
This chili can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or can even be frozen for longer. Perfect for making up a big batch for meal prep. Enjoy.