This is my favorite hummus recipe. It’s easy, healthy, and better than storebought hummus.
The Best Hummus (homemade, vegan, easy)
- Food processor
- 1/2 cup tahini raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 3-6 tbsp water cold
- salt to taste
- 2 14 ounce chickpeas canned, rinsed
- paprika for garnish ground
- Whip the tahini and fresh lemon juice in the processor for 1-2 minutes until light and airy.
- Add minced garlic, olive oil, and cumin and process for 1 minute.
- Add rinsed chickpeas to the food processor and puree for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water as needed to help with smoothness.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with olive oil and paprika.
- Serve fresh or chilled.
- Store in airtight lid in the fridge.