Homemade Cranberry Sauce (pecans + mandarin)
- stove or hot plate
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 tsp lemon zest (about 1 whole lemon worth)
- 1 tbsp lemon (about half of a lemon)
- 1 mandarin peeled, divided
- Bring cranberries and water to a simmer on the stove till cranberries start to break down
- Add lemon zest, juice, orange marmalade, mandarin and sugar
- Simmer for 5 more minutes
- Turn off the heat.
- Add chopped pecans
- Serve immediately or chilled overnight.