Finally, a vegan chickpea tuna salad recipe that’s easy, fast, and delicious. This quick go to has become a stale lunch for my fairy wife and I. I hope you enjoy!
Chickpea "Tuna" Salad Sandwich Recipe| vegan + easy
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 14 oz can canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper, yellow or red finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, medium finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo I like sir kensington's avocado mayo
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped* optional
- In a mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas until it is flaky.
- Add the chopped veggies
- Add the lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and vegan mayo to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Optionally add the chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Serve on bread, chips, or lettuce wrap.
- Enjoy immediately 🙂