Pumpkin Donuts (vegan + gluten free)
This recipe in adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction. They are vegan, gluten free, and are covered in a brown sugar icing and walnuts! They literally didn't last 24 hours in my family's home.
- donut pans
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour (bob's redmill 1 to 1)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or any plant based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Brown Sugar Icing (optional)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any plant based milk)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
Make Pumpkin Donut
- Mix together dry ingredients. Gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger.
- In a separate bowl. Mix "wet" ingredients. Flax meal, water, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Use piping bag or spoon to add batter to donut mold.
Make Brown Sugar Icing
- Add all ingredients to small pot on low and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and even.
Put It All Together
- Let you donuts cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- Remove icing from heat.
- Dip donuts one at a time to begin icing (make sure icing has begun to cool, but isn't solid yet)
- Let your icing solidify.
- Eat up. 🙂
This recipe was adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction. She has awesome stuff. Check her out.